Friday, March 13, 2009

My Papa's Waltz

I like how it was short and sweet. I think it kind of made me wonder why he was being beaten by his father. I thought it was because his father was just an angry drunk. I noticed it had a A-B-A-B, C-D-C-D.... pattern. I also noticed that every other sentenced ryhmed. I looked up the poem online to get a better understand of the poem and I found out that it a very misunderstood poem. I can believe that because it took about five times to read it to make sure I didn't miss anything. My interpretation of the peom is that a little boy has to deal with his drunken parent whom he must put himself and them too to sleep. The boy is trying to hold the parent up by himself by grabbing to his shirt to support him and it was kind of like waltzing because he had to support them. I noticed the length of the poem. Each line only had a few words on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment