Friday, January 30, 2009

The Cask of Amontillado

I think the names are ironic. Fortunado is an ironic name because it's usual and when I hear that name it makes me think that the person is very lucky. But in the story he really isn't lucky because he has a drinking problem to me and he gets killed by Montresor. Another thing I found ironic was that in the end Montresor killed him and wants him to rest in peace. I'm a little curious about what made him that mad to make him want to kill Fortunado. Another thing that's ironic to me is that when they both are walking through the vault and there are dead bodies. If I seen dead bodies I would turn around and his was choking on that stuff that was in the air in the vault. Most times when you see dead bodies in vaults that means that there is danger and run! I also thought Monstresor's family motto was ironic because he was mad at Fortunado and wanted revenge on him. That is another hint to me that he should have turned around.

No comments:

Post a Comment